Flint Hill K-9 Training LLC hosts
National Association of Canine Scent Work, LLC®
ODOR RECOGNITION TESTS
Odors: Birch, Anise, Clove
Sunday, September 9, 2018
115 Evans Street
This ORT test is at a community meeting hall. The parking lot is asphalt and the pathway to and from the parking lot to the test area may require you to navigate a moderate hill, some uneven terrain and asphalt walkways. The flooring in the test area is a painted concrete floor. Due to unforeseen conditions, such as weather or change in availability of areas at the location, the expected test area, parking, and/or pathways may be modified at the last minute.
- Entry method – First received via Online registration + payment via PayPal
(you do not need a PayPal account to submit payment online).
- Entries close Sept. 5th at 5:00 p.m. central time or when entry limits have been met.
- Entries are LIMITED to 100 tests.
- Test Site Hours: 9:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m.. Details regarding Check-in time and Handler Briefing time will be sent out approximately one week before the ORT.
- Odors Birch, Anise, and Clove will be tested. Up to 2 dogs per handler may test on each of the three odors.
- Test Secretary: Leah Gangelhoff, email@example.com
- Emergency Vet: Open Weekends and After Hours
Animal Medical Center - 24-Hour Emergency Service
719 Quintard Ave
Anniston, AL 36201
Monday-Friday 7 A.M. - 7 P.M.
Saturday 7 A.M. - 6 P.M.
Sunday 12 P.M. - 6 P.M.
Please Call For an Appointment
Emergency Fees Apply After Hours
Monday-Friday after 7 P.M. and before 7A.M.
Saturday after 6 P.M.
Sunday before 12 Noon and after 6 P.M
- Test Site Information - On site parking does not have much if any shade. Public Restrooms are available for use in the parking lot. Dogs must be crated in the car or at the car unless being walked on a 6 foot leash. Aluminet Shade Cloths, Ez-ups, awnings, fans and other cooling equipment/supplies strongly encouraged!
- All dogs must be on a 6ft. leash at all times when not being tested.
No flexi (retractable) leashes for walking dogs on test site grounds; however, flexi-leashes may be used in the test itself.
- Entry Requirements - The handler of the dog must be a current member of the NACSW™ for the 8/1/18-7/31/19 membership year. The Dog must be registered with the NACSW™. For information on how to register a dog or become a member go to www.NACSW.net
- Trial Eligibility and ORTs - An ORT must be taken and passed at least 14 days before the date the trial opens for entry (not the actual date of the trial) to be eligible for the first draw period.
- Entry Fee and Second Dog Policy - The entry fee is $35 per test, per dog. Up to 2 dogs per handler may test on each of the three odors.
- Closing Date - Sept. 5, 2018 - 5:00 p.m. central time
- Refund Policy - All cancellations must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be given (less a $5 service fee per ORT) up until August 31, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. central time. NO refunds for any reason after August 31, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. central time.
- Entry fees SHALL NOT be refunded in the event that a dog is absent, disqualified, or excused by the NACSW™ official or judge.
- Video/Photography Policy - ORT participants are allowed to have a friend or family member video/photograph their test. ORT participants are not allowed to video/photograph one another. ORT hosts are not obligated to provide someone to video/photograph.
- ADA Requests - If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request accommodation(s), please email ADA@nacsw.net. Please include your name, ORT date, ORT host name, and your requested accommodation(s).
- Directions - The Heflin Armory is located at 115 Evans Street at the crossroads of Evans Street and Brandt Place in Heflin, AL. It is across from the football field and diagonal to a cemetary. Parking for the ORT is on Evans street just north of Coleman Street diagonal from the Armory and next to the football field.
- DOG FRIENDLY HOTELS - This list is not a “recommendation” list, simply a list of those that allow pets – rates & fees may have changed, please research your choices! Call for pet fees / weight restrictions (many will waive this – just ask)
- Quality Inn Oxford
161 Colonial Dr
Oxford, AL 36203
- Comfort Inn
138 Elm St
Oxford, AL 36203
- LaQuinta Inn & Suites – Oxford-Anniston
100 Colonial Drive
Oxford, AL 36203
- Holiday Inn Express – Oxford-Anniston -
160 Colonial Drive
Oxford, AL 36203
- Hampton Inn & Suites Oxford-Anniston -
210 Colonial Drive
Oxford, AL 36203
TEST Information - Notice to Exhibitors
- THE TEST SITE will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. central time
- CHECK-IN and HANDLER BRIEFING: info will be sent out about 1 week prior to the ORT
- An ORT must be taken and passed at least 14 days before the date the trial opens for entry (not the actual date of the trial) to be eligible for the first draw period.
- NO SPECTATORS ARE PERMITTED IN THE SEARCH AREA during the ORT except NACSW™ officials, volunteers, adults accompanying a minor, CNWI-in-training, or immediate family members/friends of the dog/handler team currently being tested.
- TELEPHONE, FAX, UNSIGNED ENTRIES, AND ENTRIES RECEIVED WITHOUT FEES cannot be accepted.
- ENTRIES MUST BE MADE via the ONLINE FORM & PAYPAL Payment ONLY.
- NO ENTRY SHALL BE MADE AND NO ENTRY SHALL BE ACCEPTED, WHICH SPECIFIES ANY CONDITIONS AS TO ITS ACCEPTANCE.
- OWNERS are responsible for errors in making out entry forms.
- DOGS PRESENT will not be permitted to be off leash. Exhibitors are responsible for the behavior of their dogs. The owner of each dog is solely responsible for having it ready when it is to be judged. Be prepared to keep your dog in your car when not being tested or on leash at all times. There is no inside crating at this test.
- FEMALES IN SEASON – Contact your test host 1 day before the ORT if this becomes a possibility.
- DOGS PARTICIPATING in ORT must be at least six months of age and must appear to be healthy on trial day and should be current on all vaccinations required by law.
- Acknowledgment of entry acceptance/CONFIRMATION will be made when entries are processed for those handlers that provide an email address. If you require a confirmation via USPS, you must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope with your entry.
- BASIC DESCRIPTION OF TEST – to successfully pass an ORT a dog must identify the location of the target odor and the handler must correctly call an “alert” within a three-minute time period. The Odor Recognition Test consists of a drill type exercise which requires 12 closed boxes set up in a pattern of one or two rows, spaced a minimum of 48” apart. The ORT is conducted on leash. Complete information can be obtained on the NACSW™ website.
- All exhibitors should obtain and review a copy of the NACSW™ K9 NOSE WORK® RULE BOOK. You may get it from their website: www.NACSW.net